Amparo means ‘shelter’ or ‘safe haven’ in Spanish and provides support for anyone affected by suicide.
Support can be provided one-to-one, to family groups, groups of colleagues or peers – whatever is preferred by you and is most appropriate to your situation.
The service can be delivered in your home or wherever you are most comfortable. Our service is completely confidential and can provide short-term or longer-term support, depending on what you feel it is you need.
Amparo is not a counselling service but it does provide emotional and practical support.
Thier experienced Liaison Workers can listen to your needs and assist you in accessing the support you need, whilst helping with a range of practical matters such as:
- One to one individual support
- Help with any media enquiries
- Practical support when dealing with the Police or Coroner
- Help overcoming feelings of isolation
- Putting you in touch with local services that can help
Due to social distancing requirements, Amparo is currently being offered by telephone or via video link.
Amparo Zoom briefings
The Amparo Zoom briefings cover the role of Amparo in supporting those who have been affected by suicide and how to refer someone so that you can feel confident in referring anyone for support.
Since the Zoom briefings started over 500 people have booked places on the sessions, and the dates we circulated rapidly became fully booked.
Following the success we are pleased to announce additional dates and times. Please visit the links below to book your free place on one of the new dates:
- Thursday 1 July @ 2pm – Book this session.
- Monday 5 July @ 12pm – Book this session.
- Friday 9 July @ 2pm – Book this session.
- Thursday 13 July @ 12.30pm – Book this session.
- Thursday 13th July @ 2pm – Book this session.
- Thursday 22 July @ 9.30am – Book this session.
- Friday 23 July @ 2.30pm – Book this session
We hope one of these dates is convenient for you – if not, please let Amparo know and they will advise you when further dates are released.
As a reminder, the sessions will last approximately 40 minutes and you only need to book on to one date.
If you haven’t already attended, we hope to see you at one of the sessions
Contact AMPARO – support following suicide
- Call – 0330 088 9255
- Email – email@example.com
- Twitter – @AMPARO_LEM
Find out more about AMPARO and Listening Ear’s other counselling and therapy services by visiting their website.
Other Useful Contacts
- PAPYRUS – Prevention of Young Suicide – call 0800 068 41 41
- SOBS – Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide – call 0300 111 5065
- CALM – Campaign Against Living Miserably – call 0800 58 58 58
- SAMARITANS – A safe place for you to talk any time you like – call 116 123