Amparo means ‘shelter’ or ‘safe haven’ in Spanish and provides support for anyone affected by suicide.
Support can be provided one-to-one, to family groups, groups of colleagues or peers – whatever is preferred by you and is most appropriate to your situation.
The service can be delivered in your home or wherever you are most comfortable. Our service is completely confidential and can provide short-term or longer-term support, depending on what you feel it is you need.
Amparo is not a counselling service but it does provide emotional and practical support.
Thier experienced Liaison Workers can listen to your needs and assist you in accessing the support you need, whilst helping with a range of practical matters such as:
- One to one individual support
- Help with any media enquiries
- Practical support when dealing with the Police or Coroner
- Help overcoming feelings of isolation
- Putting you in touch with local services that can help
Due to social distancing requirements, Amparo is currently being offered by telephone or via video link.
Contact AMPARO – support following suicide
- Call – 0330 088 9255
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter – @AMPARO_LEM
Find out more about AMPARO and Listening Ear’s other counselling and therapy services by visiting their website.
Other Useful Contacts
- PAPYRUS – Prevention of Young Suicide – call 0800 068 41 41
- SOBS – Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide – call 0300 111 5065
- CALM – Campaign Against Living Miserably – call 0800 58 58 58
- SAMARITANS – A safe place for you to talk any time you like – call 116 123