need urgent help

Benefits Advice

I need some advice on benefits?

Preston City Council provide free confidential advice through telephone and appointment service, offering in-depth advice on welfare benefits.

Customer Notice – due the Coronavirus, Preston City Council are only offering telephone services. Please contact 01772 906363.

Lancashire County Council also provide free and confidential advice, to make sure you are claiming all of the benefits you are entitled to.

 ICANN ICANN offer telephone, online and paper based assessment and appeals. Also offer telephone based help with form completion  

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)also provide a range of financial support services including benefit checks

Intact’s provides a ‘Daily Drop-In’ Service Monday-Friday 9am-4pm



Is there a list of benefits I might be entitled to?
Preston City Council provide an overview of potential benefits you might be entitled to, however they do recommend you call on 01772 906363 so they can give you more specific information.

Lancashire County Council also provide an overview of the types of benefits available, depending on your circumstances.

GOV.UK provide an independent benefits calculator to find out what benefits you could get, how to claim and what will happen if you start work.

I am in crisis beyond my control

Lancashire County Council provide a crisis support scheme for people of Lancashire, designed to assist the most vulnerable in meeting short term needs and ensure you keep your independence within the community. The scheme focuses on three areas, food, heating and household items.

Are there benefits for people with long term ill-health or disability?

You maybe entitled to Personal Independent Payment, (PIP) which is managed by the Department for Work and Pensions. (DWP) If you are aged 16 to 64 you could get between £22.65 and £145.35 per week, to find out if you are eligible visit GOV.UK – Personal Independence Payment.

I need help filling in forms for claiming Welfare Benefits

Make an appointment with Preston City Council, who will help you complete the claim forms. You can also get help from  INTACT.