About age UK
Age UK Lancashire believes that it is important to enable older people and their carers to have support to remain independent and to live interesting and fulfilled lives.
They offer a range of services to help older people across Lancashire make more of their lives.
What does Age UK offer
Age UK believe that everyone can love later life – they do this by inspiring, supporting and enabling in a number of ways.
- To encourage choice and opportunity for older people.
- To be a direct service provider of high quality services for older people.
- To ensure that older people are aware of, and have access to, the benefits to which they are entitled.
- To advocate on behalf of older people.
- To promote positive attitudes towards older people and ageing.
Age UK offer care services to help frailer older people or those who feel lonely or isolated. Activities such as the following are available:
- social groups
- luncheon clubs
- exercise classes
- computer lessons
- Home Help services
Lancashire Age UK assist older people in remaining active, independent and linked in to their local community.
We’re a local charity working in the community to support older people, their families and carers. We want everyone to be able to love later life.