About Lancashire Victim Services
For Support when you need it , when you’re ready for it
In Lancashire, our commitment to victims of crime is very clear.
Lancashire Victim Services will:
• Be there to offer you support when you need – it doesn’t matter if the crime has just occurred or if it happened several years ago. Support will be available when you’re ready for it.
• Support victims whether or not they have reported the crime to the police.
• Offer you the support you need, whatever crime you have been a victim of. That’s why we have developed specialist services for victims of hate crime, Child Sexual Exploitation, rape and sexual assault – to ensure Lancashire’s most vulnerable victims get the specialist help they need.
• Provide a service dedicated to under-18s who have been victims of crime, to make sure young people receive a service tailored to their needs and experiences.
• Make sure Restorative Justice is victim-led and is available to every victim.
• Ensure you have a voice in the criminal justice system, and are kept up-to-date with your case and informed about what is going on.
• Recognise crime can also have an impact on family and friends of victims, as well as the local community, and make sure support is in place for them if required.
• Make sure you are treated with dignity and respect and feel valued and safe at all stages of the support process.
• Follow the Victims’ Code.